Friday, March 19, 2021

Hollyhock Dressing

Back when I was in the midst of my Mindfulness Studies program, I had to attend a 7-day silent retreat. Which, by the way, is much harder than it sounds! But anyway, I discovered this fantastic dressing. When I got back home, I looked up the recipe on their website, but maybe you can see the problem:

3 cups apple cider vinegar

15 garlic cloves

2 cups soy sauce

4 cups canola oil

2 cups water

12+ cups large flake nutritional yeast

Combine all ingredients with a hand blender. Makes 1 gallon; serves 44.

A gallon? Oy!

So, here is my tweaks:

1/2 cup apple cider vinegar

1/4 cup soy sauce or tamari

1 tbsp minced garlic

1/2 cup water

1 cup oil - I use 1/2 cup EVOO and 1/2 cup vegetable oil

1/2 cup large flake nutritional yeast

Combine with a hand blender or small blender. (Will last for a month without refrigeration. 50 cals/serving.)


As on retreat, this is best served on Buddha bowls - like a salad bar for vegetarians - with your choice of grains, legumes, greens, and raw and/or cooked veggies. Dowse the whole affair with hollyhock dressing and you are good to go. 

If you are interested, here is the retreat center I attended:

CLOUD MOUNTAIN RETREAT CENTER 

Namaste!



No comments: