Friday, October 28, 2011

What's in your glass?

I have tried some very good wines lately.  Thought I'd take a minute to share some of them.

First of all, one of my favorites and a comfortable, any occasion wine is Sterling Merlot.  If you like sturdy reds, you will love this Merlot.  I have also enjoyed Sterling's offering of Chardonnay and Meritage, as well.



Our newest find was discovered at Quinault Lodge - Ste. Michelle Horse Heaven Sauvignon Blanc.  Light, crisp and delicious.  We had it with salmon, but I think it would go with any fish or poultry offering.  You could even use this as a less-sweet option for serving with dessert.



On the topic of glasseware, there seems to be a new fad afoot of stemless wine glasses.  We stumbled upon this new-fangled type of wine glass when we did some tasting some months ago out on Whidbey Island.  We purchased the cute 8 oz. stemless wine glasses engraved with the winery's logo as a souvenir of our time together.  Turns out it is my favorite wine glass!  Not so easy to accidentally tip over, as well.

great for wine tasting

I just purchased four red wine stemless wine glasses at Target for about $12 - a deal!  They are quite a bit larger than our little 8 oz. cuties, that's for sure.  We'll see how they work out...

Libbey 'Charisma' glasses
l'chaim!


2 comments:

Ari C'rona said...

Excellent finds! I like Sterling Meritage, too!

Mole said...

Strike two on my finding the Ste. Michelle selection, my friend. ;-(
I'll keep shopping, though.

I've been trying to develop a taste for white wine by coupling it with creme de cassis in Kir. It's not working very well, though I confess that Kir Royale (substitute champagne for the white wine) is pretty convincing.