Tuesday, May 31, 2011

My Favorite Chicken Sesame Salad


I have been making this salad, an all-time favorite, since my daughter 'graduated' preschool. One of the parents brought it to share and it was absolutely devoured at the little party that followed our little ones marching around in their miniature graduation caps & gowns. All of the parents took the recipe home with them along with the snaps of their little grad, and it soon became a potluck star in my repertoire.

Chicken Sesame Salad

Mix dressing together:
1/2 cup olive (or veggie) oil
1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
seasoning packets from 2 packages Chicken Top Ramen
1/4 tsp sesame oil
pepper
4 - 6 T sugar

In a large bowl assemble:
Top Ramen noodles, 2 packages, broken into pieces
4 - 6 cups shredded cabbage
4 green onions, sliced thin
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1 - 2 T sesame seeds
2 - 3 cooked skinless chicken breast, chopped bite-sized

I have to admit that I have tweaked this recipe a bit, but that's no surprise.  It is better if left to sit dressed for about a half an hour prior to service to let the cabbage 'soften' a bit in the dressing (it really depends on how shredded your cabbage is, though.)  It has been just as popular vegetarian-style (sans chicken).

yep, she was the cutest
preschool grad ever!

1 comment:

Ari C'rona said...

Yeah, she's so cute! I love this salad! :o)