Sunday, May 25, 2014

Country Bread in the Machine

I only make bread with a bread machine. I have no reason other than I am a product of my generation.

Today, we gave this country bread a try. We were looking for a seedy type bread, and I think this one fills the bill...

I only let it rise for an hour or so...
it would have doubled in sized if I would have let it!
Country Bread in the Machine

3/4 cup water
3 Tbsp honey
3 Tbsp veggie oil
1 tsp kosher salt
1-1/3 cups bread flour
2/3 cup whole wheat flour
3 Tbsp flax seeds
3 tsp sesame seeds, raw
a palm-full of sunflower seeds, raw
1-1/4 tsp yeast for bread machines

Place ingredients (in order listed) in your bread machine. Set to dough cycle and start. Upon completion, let it sit for 30 mins or so.

Remove dough and place in loaf pan (no need to oil pan, if it is non-stick). Cover and let rise again for about an hour or so. Preheat oven to 350*

Bake for 35 mins.


No comments: